Profiting from Fed Lies and Distortions
May 17, 2011
Hosted by Jay Taylor
Prof. Robert Auerbach and commodities trader Jim Liles are our main guests. Auerbach says $1.5 trillion representing 57% of QE2, was pumped into banks that are being paid around $10 billion per year to hold as reserves. That's why, he says, the real economy has not been stimulated. And with cash flow to banks growing to $60 billion with a normalization of interest rates, there is no incentive for bankers to risk making loans. But that policy is no mystery as 2/3 of the Fed directors are elected by the banks. The Fed continues to reward bankers, rob average Americans and keep them in the dark by destroying documents that would otherwise become public. If 57% of QE2 is held by banks, most of the remaining 43% has been pumped into a commodities bubble. Where do commodity and precious metals prices go from here? We'll ask the very successful commodity trader, Jim Liles. We will also talk to the CEO of Smash Minerals, with highly prospective gold targets in the Yukon.
Turning Hard Times into Good Times
Tuesday at 12 Noon Pacific Time on VoiceAmerica Business Channel
Jay Taylor’s show will explain the real underlying causes for plunging stock prices, plunging home prices and growing unemployment. By correctly diagnosing the cause of America’s economic decline, rather than listening to excuses from Wall Street and Washington, Jay will offer winning investment ideas to protect and increase wealth.
Topics to be discussed will include the cause of the decline of: our monetary system and our economy, the housing markets, the equity markets, and commodities, Why gold and silver are rising in value and how investors can profit from the direction of these markets through specific stocks, ETF’s and precious metals will also be discussed. Turning Hard Times into Good Times is broadcast live every Tuesday at 12 Noon Pacific Time on the VoiceAmerica Business Channel.
Jay Taylor has been able to more than double his newsletter’s model portfolio from 2000 to the present even as the S&P 500 was in the process of losing 50% of its value!
The insights provided to Jay came from a history professor in 1967 who advised Jay that when countries go off a gold or silver standard, hard economic times are sure to follow because nations begin to think they do not need to work hard and save to enjoy a better life. Indeed there is no free lunch and a gold standard reminds people of that every day.
Jay watched his professor’s prophetic words come true when in 1971, President Nixon completely detached the dollar from gold. Not surprising to Jay, the price of gold skyrocketed in the late 1970s as inflation wiped out vast amounts of wealth from average Americans. To protect his own wealth Jay began to invest in gold and gold mining shares and in 1981 he began sharing his success and insights in his newsletter. In 1981 Jay began writing a subscription newsletter that has earned his subscribers countless thousands of dollars over the years.
Jay’s insights as to the real cause of our problems has enabled him to find investment strategies that work. Diagnose a problem correctly and you have a chance for success. Diagnose a problem incorrectly as the establishment does and you are sure to fail.