Shifting from Fertility Treatment to Adoption – Is it right for me?
May 4, 2013
Hosted by Kelly Ellison
1.2 million women have received medical advice for infertility and about 40% of those are successful leaving over 60% of women to make a different decision about if and how they will build a family. Deciding to end fertility treatments and to begin considering adoption is an emotional and difficult transition. It’s not easy to abandon dreams of a biological child and to shift your vision to an adoption but the right advice can guide you in this journey. Join us to hear fertility and adoption expert Carolyn Berger, LCSW, as we discuss how to decide if its time to stop fertility treatments, what to think about when considering if adoption is right for you and what to do if your partner and you are not yet in agreement about how to move forward.
Your Adoption Coach
Archives Available on VoiceAmerica Variety Channel
Your Adoption Coach is designed to reach prospective and current adoptive families, couple, and singles with the resources they need to successfully bring their family together. We will examine international and domestic adoption, resources, costs, stories, highlight innovative agencies and bring the touching stories of families struggling and succeeding to the forefront. There is no greater community builder than Adoption! When we educate and encourage others to become involved, more people are inspired to adopt or be a part of a community of adoption. Our show aims to educate and inspire others to get involved in building a family be it on their own or helping someone close to them bring their family home together forever.
Kelly is an adoptive parent, executive coach and trainer. She has over 25 years of experience working in development and management in the nonprofit sector and has raised hundreds of thousands of dollars for causes ranging from the environment to the arts. Kelly has a passion for helping adoptive families reach their financial goals and uses her experience from the nonprofit world to coach adoptive families. She is Your Adoption Finance Coach and works with adoption agencies and families providing workshops, resources, and coaching to help them with their financial needs associated with adoptions both international and domestic. Using her system, the families she supports raise anywhere from $5,000 to $10,000 or more for their adoption. Kelly completed her Masters Degree in Business Administration in 2005, graduating from the Rockhurst University in the Executive Fellows Program in Kansas City, Missouri. She has extensive management experience, training and facilitating groups of all sizes and backgrounds. Kelly is certified in mediation and diversity and is an author and speaker. She will be speaking at the National Council for Adoption this year. She serves on several boards including the scholarship committee for the Rosalyn Carter Institute’s Intergenerational Caregivers Scholarship Award and is also a member of the board of governors to the We Are Family Foundation, a nonprofit organization based in New York City.