Sherrie and Michael Rubin’s son, Aaron, overdosed on
oxycontin October 9th, 2005. He laid three and a half
weeks in a coma, on life support. They began planning
their son’s funeral when, against all medical odds, he
began to open his eyes. Aaron survived, but the
overdose has left him a quadriplegic and unable to
In 2009 Sherrie began speaking at schools warning
students/parents about prescription medications, drugs
and the deadly “REAL” consequences that can occur
by misusing and abusing these drugs.
On November 24th, 2010 Sherrie and her husband
Michael founded, The H.O.P.