Keeping Your Breasts Healthy- A Lifestyle Program

June 19, 2013
Hosted by Meg Richichi

[Download MP3] [itunes] [Bookmark Episode]

Guest Information

 

Episode Description

In light of Angelina Jolie going public with her decision to have a preemptive double-mastectomy to potentially lower her risk for breast cancer, I felt it timely for lifestyle medicine expert Dr. Robert Rakowski to join me in discussing women’s breast health on my next installment of Food For Thought. According to the National Cancer Institute, the lifetime risk for women developing breast cancer is 12.8% or 1 in 8. Another interesting statistic is that approximately 10% of breast cancer is linked to genetics, which means that the other 90% of breast cancer diagnosed today is being triggered by factors in our environment and lifestyle choices. Dr. Rakowski will discuss various strategies on how women can diminish their risk for cancer, including minimizing exposure to xenoestrogens, anti-cancer dietary guidelines, lifestyle tips, nutritional supplementation, and so much more. You won't want to miss this one!

Food For Thought

Food For Thought

Archives Available on VoiceAmerica Health and Wellness Channel

Women of all ages continue to travel at a velocity completely out of rhythm with who they are. The way a woman lives her life is directly linked to her health, vitality and how sexy she feels! A woman doesn’t wake up one day with PMS, fibroids, being 20 pounds overweight or lupus. These symptoms reflect lifestyle choices made over time.

What I’ve observed in working with women are escalating effects of daily stress, such as burnout, working long hours, skipping meals, low libido, insomnia, too much caffeine and too little time for themselves. My mission is to help women understand they aren't at the mercy of their hormones. Food for Thought will provide tools from myself and my leading expert guests to help you create smart choices.

  • Snag
  • ecard
  • Bookmark and Share
Meg Richichi

Meg Richichi

Ultimately, what we bring forth into our world gives birth to who we are each day. How we nurture ourselves nurtures our overall hormonal wellness. I’m committed to demystifying hormonal issues and various ailments plaguing women in today’s fast paced world.

I've been an Integrative Women’s Health Practitioner for the last 18 years blending both Eastern and Western modalities in my NYC practice. My extensive studies include training in holistic-functional medicine with esteemed physicians a in the U.S., a leading hospital in Vietnam, herbalogy and shamanic healing practices in the Brazilian Rain Forest.

I’m a health detective that thinks outside the box of conventional medicine. I treat the whole person and seeing beyond the label of symptoms and disease. Women are not deficient in synthetic hormones or immune suppressant drugs but in vital nutrients and healthier life style choices.

I focus on stress related hormonal imbalances including infertility, autoimmune disorders, gut issues and pain syndromes. My integrative approach includes personalized programs in nutrition, detoxification and supplementation setting women back on a path of feeling whole and vibrant.

I also facilitate workshops and speak to a wide range of audiences that include NYC top hospitals, Infertility organizations and Equinox. I’ve also done magazine and radio interviews for Vogue, Real Simple, NPR, Refinery29, Well+Good and VitalJuice.

  • Snag
  • ecard
  • Bookmark and Share