Create a 'Contagious Culture'
November 9, 2015
Hosted by Brendan Anderson and Jeffrey Kadlic
Introduced through the Small Giants Community, we are thrilled to welcome leadership advisor and strategist, Anese Cavanaugh, to The Second Stage. Anese sites that 93% of our impact is in how we “show up,” leaving only 7% of our impact to the words we actually say. During our conversation with Ms. Cavanaugh we will talk about what she describes as the five steps for creating intentional impact, including knowing the outcomes you want to get out of any and every interaction and/or meeting. Ms. Cavanaugh will also share with us her leadership methodology, Intentional Energetic Presence®, and how to create a “Contagious Culture,” the title of her new book. As a business owner and the leader of your organization, you hold the power to influence and create the culture around you, so why not make it positive and impactful!
The Second Stage
Archives Available on VoiceAmerica Business Channel
The Second Stage serves as an entrepreneurial forum to exchange ideas and best practices amongst peers. While each business is unique, most companies face the same obstacles on their path to success. The topics and trends addressed within this community of like-minded individuals will include financials and reporting, valuation and value creation, succession planning, human resources, technology, insurance and benefits, as well as many others. The show will be delivered from the perspective of the hosts who view opportunities from both an entrepreneurial and institutional private investor perspective.
The Second Stage also shines a light on the significant impact that entrepreneurs and their growing companies have on creating a vibrant economic base.
Brendan Anderson and Jeffrey Kadlic
Brendan Anderson has spent the past 20 years as an investor and manager of businesses ranging from manufacturing to financial services. Fascinated by the capital gap within the small business growth sector, he rapidly came to the conclusion that providing best practices in addition to growth capital could consistently produce great results for the management, employees, communities, and investors. He is an active member and mentor within Entrepreneurs’ Organization, and is continuously entrenched in its culture of best practices.
Jeffrey Kadlic spent the first 10 years of his career making private investments in an institutional setting. Early success was achieved in large part to an entrepreneurial mindset within a corporate culture. While practicing as an institutional investor, working in and around dynamic small businesses, he recognized that growing small businesses needed more than just an influx of cash to scale operations. Leveraging corporate practices within an entrepreneurial setting, in addition to the capital, was the best way to achieve great performance.
Brendan and Jeffrey are both alumni of Crain’s Forty under 40 and E and Y Entrepreneur of the Year finalists.
Connected by their passion for growing small companies, in 2005, Anderson and Kadlic partnered to co-found Evolution Capital Partners, focused exclusively on advising and investing growth capital in Second Stage Companies. Evolution and its companies recognized on the Inc.500 5000.