Are Capitalism and Democracy the Same? Why Can't We Question Capitalism? Hear Professor Richard Wolff, Who Says We Can and Should!
January 28, 2016
Hosted by Helen Hillix, Todd Benton and Chris Reese
In a world where 62 individuals own as much as half the world’s population, where 1% of people own MORE than the other 99% combined, where for decades DuPont knowingly poisoned us by using a toxic, cancer-causing chemical, where since the 1990s Big Oil has been denying climate change while secretly preparing for it, where workers are told that a $15/hour minimum wage is too much, where real wages are going down and money controls much of the media and the political system, don’t you think it’s time to ask if capitalism is working for US? We’ve been told that capitalism and democracy are the same. Are they? Dr. Richard Wolff, former Economics professor at the University of Massachusetts, has long had the guts to question the system. He says there is a better way – a form of socialism that is more democratic. What is it? Could it work? How does it relate to the Inner Revolution? Tune in. Big business and billionaires may control the government and the economy. But they can’t control us!
Inner Revolutionary Radio
Archives Available on VoiceAmerica Variety Channel
You count! Your voice, compassion and dedication to doing the right thing are part and parcel of the Inner Revolution that is sweeping our world, and Inner Revolutionary Radio is your platform. We may not be perfect, but we are standing up to mindless conformity, facing our negative patterns and beliefs, working together to make this a better world. Inner Revolutionary Radio gives us a voice and a way of joining forces. We share a vision: a recognition of our Oneness with one another and the planet; an acknowledgement of our Accountability for our impact on ourselves and each other; a dedication to Mutual Support, knowing that we can’t thrive in a world that is not also thriving. And we’re developing the courage to stand up to all tyrannies, even those in our heads. Each week we offer News of the Inner Revolution and introduce you to guests who are shaking up the world. Tune in, participate, and support this vision.
Helen Hillix, Todd Benton and Chris Reese
Helen Hillix, Todd Benton and Chris Reese met many years ago, when our journeys for inner healing brought us to the InnerRevolution.Org. Under the guidance of Beth Green, the organization’s founder, we evolved into spiritual activists who support the three principles of The Inner Revolution: Oneness, Accountability and Mutual support – in all areas of life. Ultimately, there is no personal healing; no one person can be well in a world where others are suffering. It takes a collective shift in awareness for sustainable change and for everyone to thrive. InnerRevolutionary radio was Beth Green’s baby, and now it’s our turn to nurture this platform and share the vision: gathering others and sharing work that is being done around the world under many different banners to bring more consciousness into personal, political, spiritual and business arenas. As co-hosts of InnerRevolutionary Radio, Helen, Todd and Chris bring you a weekly opportunity to confront mindless traditions, look at how we separate from one another, and learn to transform our thinking. And, once a month we interview Beth, who is an amazingly wise, compassionate, and funny woman. We have day jobs too: Helen is an intuitive counselor, Todd a web developer, and Chris is an insurance industry executive. Each of us practices the principles of Oneness, Accountability and Mutual Support in all aspects of our lives. It’s a ride, with ups and downs, and worth every minute of it! Join us to learn, laugh and evolve.