• Recently featured on the August 11, 2013 edition of PCN Profiles, a public affairs program on the Pennsylvania Cable Network that profiles notable Pennsylvanians.
• Has worked for more than 30 years to raise awareness in the community of the issues of uninsured children and adults, grieving children and their families, children with special health care needs and their families, children who have been physically and/or sexually abused, and children who are homeless.
• Previously served as the director of the Homeless Education Network (HEN). HEN is a collaborative initiative of the Homeless Children’s Education Fund (HCEF) and seeks to advocate and develop resources for children and youth experiencing homelessness.
• Has directed the Caring Program for Children, the first private sector initiative in the nation providing healthcare coverage for children in low income families who were ineligible for Medicaid. By working with members of the Pennsylvania General Assembly and the Governor’s Office, the Caring Program was used as the model for what is now known as the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) of Pennsylvania.
• Has also been involved extensively on a national platform creating and implementing the federal State Children’s Health Insurance Program (SCHIP).