Small Mistakes, Big Consequences-Behaviours that can impact your career by Anne Baum

March 17, 2020
Hosted by Kimberli J. Lewis

[Download MP3] [itunes] [Bookmark Episode]

Guest Information

Episode Description

A recent Forbes article published research by the Carnegie Institute of Technology which indicated only 15% of financial success actually comes from knowledge or technical skills. The remaining 85% of success comes from the ability to effectively communicate and negotiate with others, and a lot has to do with body language and habits. We sometimes have habits and act in certain ways that we do not even recognise in ourselves, and these behaviours can have either a positive or a negative effect on the way others see us. It is also easier for us to recognize these certain behaviours in others than in ourselves. Have you ever had a colleague, boss, or co-worker where you said to yourself, “oh I hate when he or she does that” or ”here we go again, I knew she/he would react that way”. Well people could be reacting to you in the same way and you may not know it. This episode explores behaviours that are often recognizable and can impact our careers.

Leadership Beyond Borders

Leadership Beyond Borders

Tuesday at 3 PM Pacific Time on VoiceAmerica Business Channel

Leadership Beyond Borders looks at the impact constant change is having on our organizations and how these changes affect the kind of leadership we need to drive long-term success in today’s global economy. We explore the opportunities and challenges diverse and virtual organizations bring and what kind of leadership skills and values are needed today to ensure employee engagement, retention and ultimately great company performance. We talk about everything from gender balance to generational and cultural business values that may impact your position or your organization. We provoke you, and help you think beyond borders! Our guests include international leadership experts from around the globe. If you are in a leadership position or aspire to be in one - regardless if your business is international or local - we will help you become aware of today’s leadership opportunities and challenges and we will make sure you take away something useful for yourself and your business.

  • Snag
  • ecard
  • Bookmark and Share
Kimberli J. Lewis

Kimberli J. Lewis

Globalization and technology have changed the way we do business, consequently shifting the core leadership skills and values that are needed today. Leaders today not only focus on the immediate operative needs of a business but also on the global and diverse organizations they lead if they want to drive long-term success. Being able to engage employees, regardless of gender, cultural, generational or ethnical background is a must and Kimberli J. Lewis is passionate about this.

Kimberli has over 20 years of C level management experience across multiple industries and has lived in or worked in over 18 countries. She has 25 years’ cross-cultural executive management experience in Europe, Russia, USA, and the Middle East. She has over 29 International awards in marketing and leadership in her pocket, along with degrees from Webster, George Washington University and Harvard. She is a certified executive and systemic team coach. Kimberli specializes in cross-cultural leadership training, diversity implementation and leadership training for women and provides training and consulting for several international companies. Kimberli is the author of “Ponytale Talk, It’s All About You! Winning career strategies for Women.”

Kimberli currently serves as Board member of the Search and Information Industry Association, Europe. She is an American national, owner of the international company Global Business Therapy s.r.o. and partner of the Academy of Executive Coaching London.

  • Snag
  • ecard
  • Bookmark and Share

Episode Directory

April 2020

March 2020

  • 3/31/2020: Managing Career and Family in Crisis Time Coming Soon
  • 3/24/2020: The Coronavirus Impact on Small Business And Agencies Listen Now
  • 3/17/2020: Small Mistakes, Big Consequences-Behaviours that can impact your career by Anne Baum Listen Now
  • 3/10/2020: Helping Entrepreneurs Succeed Listen Now
  • 3/3/2020: Navigating Through Digital Marketing Options Listen Now

February 2020


This site is protected by Trustwave's Trusted Commerce program